By Trelsie Trotman
Anyone that has acne or has had acne probably has some scarring whether it’s Ice Pick, Rolling, boxcar or hypertrophic. The most common “scar” that makeup is used for is hyperpigmentation. In fact hyperpigmentation is not a scar but it is always referred to as a scar because sometimes they hang around for a long time. Hyperpigmentation and hypertrophic scars in my opinion are the easiest ones to hide compared to the others, because all you need is a good concealer, some foundation and a dash of powder. While Ice pick scars and rolling scars need a lot more work for great coverage. But the question is: Is that makeup actually doing your skin any good? The answer to that question is no. Make up is just a quick fix to hide what the real underlying situation really is but if something is making you feel beautiful why not do it? Make up does have a bad rep for causing breakouts but here’s some key ways to prevent breakouts, acne and any further scarring with Makeup IF you like wearing it:
- Wear a primer especially if you have oily skin (people with oily skin are more prone to breakouts and it keeps sebum at bay).
- Do not put Foundation on active acne (I know it can be very tempting especially if you’re going out somewhere special).
- Try not to do the cake face (the acne is already bad enough don’t torture it)
- When removing make up use a wet wipe or soft cloth to help with the cleansing process
(This reduces the amount of time you will spend in the shower scrubbing your face off)
- Wash your face with a salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide, AHA or a Glycolic Acid facial wash and/or a facial scrub that has those properties in them (these are affordable great treatments for acne).
- Use a toner to remove any excess dirt ( I DO NOT recommend using toners all the time, they are very drying and most of them are alcohol based which can makes pores look large in size).
- Apply an acne treatment cream or you can skip that step and apply a great moisturizing cream that will help tackle any dryness in the face.
- Last tip of all GOOD LUCK!
Banish KitFades Acne Scars Naturally. If it doesn't work for you, send it back for your money back!