By: Sophia Brigstock
I’ve always had a love for anything beauty related - makeup, hair, fashion, skincare, etc.. Call me shallow or superficial, but my hair and skin are really important to me, and I think about them probably more than I should. So, in the summer of 2014, when I was plagued with zits and found that my hair was thinning and developing bald patches (at 16!) you could say I was stressed out to say the least. I mean, what kind of sixteen year old starts balding?
I could deal with the acne on its own… but both? I had to find a solution. I took to Youtube and natural hair care sites and found a few recommendations that I planned to try. One that really stood out to me was what they called the “Black Tea Rinse”.
They claimed that high caffeine content in the tea, when sprayed onto the scalp, would block the hair follicle from producing a chemical called DHT (which causes your hair to fall out), and therefore decreasing shedding. This in combination with daily scalp massages and coconut oil was what brought my hair back to life!
How I do my black tea rinse:
- Fill a pot with about 3-6 cups of water and bring it to a boil. Once boiling, place 5-7 bags of black tea in the pot and turn off the burner.
- Let the tea steep for about 5-10 minutes.
- Pour the tea into a cup or bowl and place in the fridge to cool.
- Once the tea is cold, pour it into an empty spray bottle.
- Every night, spray the tea into your problem areas and massage the tea into your scalp.
- (Optional) Take some coconut oil onto your fingertips and massage the areas where your hair is thinning, then wash it out as you normally would with shampoo and conditioner.
After my hair started to grow back, I felt a boost of confidence and determination. Anyone who’s tried a natural remedy and had success with it can attest to the fact that it motivates you to find a simple solution to all of your problems! As much as hair loss is devastating, I’m thankful for problems like this because often times it leads me to products or methods that I never would have stumbled upon had it not been for issues like these!
As a plus, my hair has grown to the longest and healthiest it’s ever been. So, even if you don’t have early onset balding like I did (hahaha), I encourage you to still try out this great home remedy for prevention as well as hydration! My hair always feels so soft after this rinse. I hope it works as well for you as it did for me!
Banish KitFades Acne Scars Naturally. If it doesn't work for you, send it back for your money back!