Green tea has widely gained popularity in recent years for its vast beauty and health benefits. Green tea contains high antioxidants as well as enzymes, amino acids, magnesium, vitamin B, caffeine and much more which provide a long list of benefits related to acne, wrinkles, skin tone, weight reduction etc.
You can use green tea in your beauty masks to enhance your beauty or drink 3-4 cups of green tea daily to enjoy its enormous health benefits. Many products in the market contain green tea as an active ingredient, however, you can always try these cost effective homemade face masks. Below are a few benefits of green tea which I have shortlisted after months of research and personal use:
- Treats acne:
Green tea has antibacterial agents that fight against acne-causing bacteria. These agents also help regulate hormonal imbalances in the body which are often one of the most important factors causing acne. This reduces oil production which leads to less clogging of pores and thus leads to fewer pimples. It also reduces redness caused by acne.
- Apply freshly brewed green tea mixed with water on your face twice daily. Keep it for 15 minutes and rinse with cool water.
- Skin toner:
Green tea used as a toner helps clear the skin from all impurities and helps reduce large pores, thus, giving a healthy glowing skin. It also helps to keep the skin hydrated.
- Add few drops of your favorite essential oil to 1 cup of brewed green tea water. Apply it on your face twice daily.
- Green tea mask for oily skin:
Rice flour has exfoliating properties that treat blemishes, spots etc. It helps absorb excess oil from the face.
- Take 1 teaspoon of rice flour and lemon juice each. Add 2 teaspoon of brewed green tea. Apply all over the face and keep for 20 minutes. Then rinse with cool water to get a glowing skin.
- Green tea mask for normal skin/exfoliator:
Sugar provides a good exfoliation for the skin by removing dead cells and dirt from upper layers of the skin.
- Take 1 teaspoon of moisturizing cream and add 1 teaspoon of sugar and green tea each. Mix well and apply all over the face. Scrub slowly in circular motions and rinse with warm water after 15 minutes.
- Green tea face mask for sensitive skin:
Yogurt is rich in calcium, proteins, and vitamin D. It helps moisturize the skin, prevents acne, and reduces dark spots, blemishes, and sunburns.
- Take 1 teaspoon of yogurt, lemon and green tea water and mix well. Apply on the face and keep for 15 minutes. Then rinse with cool water
Drink 3-4 cups of green tea daily and use it on the skin. You will start seeing major improvements from week 1. It is all natural and among the best and cheap treatments for your skin problems.
Banish Starter Kit