All living things require sufficient amount of water to live. Our body consists of 60-70% of water. Water makes 85% of our brain and 70% of our muscles. Water plays a vital role in the every function in our body. We all should stay hydrated and need to drink sufficient amount of water on the daily basis. For those people who are involved in some physical activity or workout should be very conscious about their daily water intake to compensate the loss of water.
In this hustle and bustle of life, it becomes somehow difficult to meet the daily requirement of water. Many girls and boys prefer red bull or coke over water. But if you are not a big of water then you should be careful that the substitute which you use for water should be a healthy replacement.
WHY IS IT IMPORTANT TO DRINK WATER?
- Not drinking enough water on the daily basis can lead to Fatigue and Tiredness as your metabolism slows down. Your cells don't have enough water to burn energy, so they do it much more slowly. Headaches can be a sign to let you know that you need to drink more water.
- Water also helps in digestion. Drinking water helps in the burning and breaking down of the food. Water also prevents constipation by softening the stool.
- Drinking water can also prevent heart attack and keeps your brain alert.
- Water helps metabolism, and you burn more calories when you drink water. This is how water aids to lose weight.
- Water keeps your skin glow and hair shiny.
The recommended amount of water that our body requires on a daily basis is 2.2 liters which translates to 10 (250 ml) glasses.
SO WHAT TO DO?
Some people are not fond of drinking plain water. To stay hydrated, it becomes difficult for such person to drink 10 glasses of water daily. They like water with some flavor. I also just can’t do the plain glass of water. So this is a plan I came up with these wonderful ways to stay hydrated and to make drinking water fun:
- LEMON WATER AKA LEMONADE: This one is my personal favorite. You can easily make your lemonade at home. You can also add some brown sugar at will. Adding fruits like strawberry can also make drinking lemonade fun, and it keeps you hydrated as well as healthy.
- COCONUT WATER: Coconut water is also a good substitute. It contains natural electrolytes including potassium and sodium. These nutrients help in refreshing and rehydrating your body. Electrolytes are also vital to proper nerve and muscle function. You can have your coconut water with fresh juice and some honey if you like it sweet.
- FRUITS AND FRUIT JUICES: Having a glass of any of your favorite fruit juice works. If you don't want or can't have that, have fruit. Watermelon is great. It’s perfect for hot summer days. But remember to eat it on an empty stomach.
- MILK: Milk is the most efficient in rehydration. You can easily have 2 glass of milk daily with some honey. But if you have PCOS then you should refrain from dairy. And that’s not a good option for me.
- HERBAL TEA: Mint, verbena, linden, balm give pleasant aroma and flavor to the water. It’s a good alternative for people who don’t enjoy drinking plain water. Have them hot or cold, whichever way you like them. But try them without sugar.
- GREEN SMOOTHIE: This smoothie is hydrating and packed with vitamins, minerals, and fiber to keep your body refreshed and your skin glowing. And it is really easy to make. You can add spinach, celery, lemon along with some fruits like apple, banana, and pear in sufficient amount of water. Blend all the ingredients, and here we go.
And at last, you can also have 2-3 glasses of water daily along with these substitutes as great ways to stay hydrated. ENJOY DRINKING WATER!
Banish KitFades Acne Scars Naturally. If it doesn't work for you, send it back for your money back!
Banish Starter Kit7 in 1 kit to naturally battle all your skin concerns.