By Elizabeth Nguyen
Traveling is one of the things that most of us love but also hate. Why? Because there’s a lot of changes that you will encounter including, but not limited to, your diet, the weather etc. An example of this scenario is when you go to another country where the air is very much different than what you are accustomed to. There is a tendency for your body to have a hard time adjusting to everything and because of this, your skin may suddenly flare up.
With this in mind, here are some tips that you can follow to avoid those pesky flare ups from occurring while on a trip:
1. Always remember to get hydrated inside and out. You can probably eat fruits that help hydrate the body such as watermelon or cucumber and drink lots of water (at least 1 liter or 8 glasses in a day). In terms of products for the face, you may bring sheet masks or have spritz to spray on your face. These products help hydrate your skin which really is beneficial. For hydrating masks, you can probably go with the ones from Korea. Products from Etude House is something that is highly recommended when it comes to masks as these really helps the skin get hydrated on a warm weather.
2. Make sure to have a neck pillow especially if you are going to be on a very long flight. If you have a neck pillow while travelling, it will be easier for you to get some sleep and getting adequate sleep helps the skin to repair itself easily. If you’re struggling to sleep, especially when there’s no neck pillow, there is a tendency for you to start stressing out and you will start to feel annoyed or frustrated and may experience back problems, neck problems, stress problems - you name it!
3. When you are on a flight, you are most likely to order really unhealthy foods which may cause digestive problems. In order to avoid this, you can pick up snacks that is healthy or all natural before you alight. You may also chop up some carrots or celery at home and bring it with you on your trip. Invest in healthy snacks. In this way, your body won’t be begging you for good food.
4. Wear light mineral makeup that allows your skin to breathe. If you’re somebody who wears makeup on a flight or even during travels, make sure you have something that doesn’t make you breakout.
5. ALWAYS moisturize. Moisturizing is so important in your skincare routine. There is a misconception that one who has really oily skin doesn’t need to moisturize anymore but this is so not true!
6. Have your scrubs or Charcoal Mask with you on every trip. These products really help cleanse the face. Just remember to not go over the scrubbing as this may cause damage to the skin cells which may make the skin more sensitive.