We have entered this wonderful new era where everyone wants to be completely original and creative, and with the help of social media, people can now teach us how to do things yourself being totally original and really creative. This can be from a wide range of things, including anything from food to crafts to clothes to beauty products, and anything else really. But, the best thing that has come from the DIY movement is definitely the beauty products for oily acne skin, although some may be skeptical, homemade and natural products can actually work! Here are just two of my favorite ones to try for yourself.
1. Homemade sugar scrub bar
½ cup of olive oil
1 ½ cups of brown sugar
½ cup of any soap base
- Melt whatever soap base you’d like in a pan over low heat, make sure to stir frequently.
- Mix olive oil in well, then remove from heat.
- Allow pan to cool off for 5 minutes
- Stir in brown sugar
-if you add sugar when the mixture is hot it will dissolve and you will lose the exfoliating factor.
- Pour all mixture into the mold and allow it to set until hard, I like to leave it for at least a couple hours to set even though it is firm before that.
- Remove from mold and place in a container in a cool, dark place
- To use: Scrub over dry areas just like a bar of soap- elbows, knees, shoulders, arms, legs, etc.. make sure to rinse off well.
- Also, make sure to put the bar out of direct sunlight to make it last longer.
2. Homemade bath bombs
1 cup of baking soda
1/2 cup of citric acid
1/2 cup of Epsom salt
1/2 cup of cornstarch
As much coloring pigment (optional) as you want
2 1/2 of tablespoons almond oil (or melted coconut oil)
3/4 of tablespoon water
12-15 of drops essential oil
Bath bomb molds
- In a bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together. Add as much pigment as you’d like.
- In another bowl, met the wet ingredients together.
- Add wet to dry ingredients together, but make sure ti do it slowly. That’s important so there isn’t ant fizzling. Keep mixing until it looks like wet sand.
- Fill the mold with the sand, make sure to make it tightly. And, press tightly, then gently pull apart.
- Let them dry for 24hrs before using them. And your all done! Enjoy!
Banish Starter Kit