Having an effective skincare routine that caters to your skin’s need is crucial for healthier skin, alongside what goes in internally of course. However, finding the right products is a difficult battle, with so many making a whole bunch of claims, it's hard not to get overwhelmed, meaning sometimes you may make the wrong decision. Although my skin has improved dramatically, it's still not completely clear, and until then I won't be 100% satisfied, however, this routine really helped keep my skin under control.
It's all about finding what works for our individual skin, so the following steps definitely work, but may not perform so well at combating your problem. This routine includes products that are especially good for students as they are fairly inexpensive. I have oily/combination skin, it's oily around the T-zone, especially my forehead, but my cheeks tend to be less oily.
For my morning routine, I like to keep it simple, just enough to wash away the toxins from the night before.
- On my damp face, I apply Avalon Organic, Vitamin C Renewal, Refreshing Cleansing Gel. This product is free from harsh sulfates or parabens which are known to be harmful over time. The refreshing smell really wakes me up in the morning and it's not drying at all. It's simple and effective at cleaning my face for the day and contains Vitamin C, an antioxidant the help protect against free radicals and aging. It also helps brighten the skin and boosts collagen production for firmer skin.
- After patting my skin dry with a paper towel (contains fewer bacteria than face towels), I use Pure Aloe Vera Gel, which acts as my morning toner. It soothes and hydrates my skin, and absorbs straight away, ready for my moisturizer.
- For my morning moisturizer, I use Nivea Pure and Natural Day Cream. It contains organic argan oil, a source of vitamin E, and chamomile, which calms the skin. I love the consistency of this cream as it hydrates my skin without leaving it greasy.
- To take off my make-up I use either almond or coconut oil. They are both effective at getting rid of the first traces of make-up, I use a muslin cloth to wipe the oil away.
- As oil make clog up pores, and also because there is always makeup left behind, I double cleanse using Alba Acne Deep Pore Wash. It's non-comedogenic (doesn't clog pores) and paraben and SLS free. It contains salicylic acid, which is a great pore cleanser and really helps prevent any spots or blackheads. With long time use, it can help reduce hyperpigmentation as well.
- To tone, I use Alba Acne Deep Clean Astringent. This just adds to the effect of my cleanser and also removes any last traces of dirt/oil.
- I tend to change my serums depending on what I have available, but my go-to one has to be Nib + Fab Dragons Blood Fix Serum. Sounds daunting, I know, but due to using acne-prone products, my skin can sometimes feel a little dry in areas such as my cheeks, where it tends to be less oily. This serum is perfect at rehydrating my face after cleansing as it contains Hyaluronic Acid, which is great for retaining moisture.
- For my night cream I use Nivea Pure and Natural Regenerating Night Cream, it contains organic argan oil and aloe vera, leaving my face feeling smooth and supple.
Banish KitFades Acne Scars Naturally. If it doesn't work for you, send it back for your money back!