February 20, 2018 4 min read 0 Comments
Lemons are juicy and sour fruits rich in citric acid and vitamin C which not only give a delicious flavor to our dishes, they are also an important ally that can help in removing scars and providing your skin with a beautiful glow and radiance.
They can be used topically or you can drink their juice daily. Their vitamin C component is well known for its collagen formation properties which can give your skin its tensile strength and youthful look and also accelerate healing mechanisms in your body so you can get extra help in dealing with all types of acne and acne marks... just by adding this ingredient to your daily routine.
Here I will mention some of the ways which help you to get maximum benefits from this amazing gift of nature.
Can lemon juice remove acne scars? Lemon juice can potentially fade dark spots, but will not do much for indented or texture acne scars.
If you try applying lemon juice on your skin, make sure not to go out in the sun.
1. Take a lemon and cut it into two, squeeze half of it and add half teaspoon rose water and half teaspoon glycerin in it, mix them well before use. Put this mixture in the fridge. You can store this mixture for a month. Apply this daily before going to sleep, especially in winters as this not only moisturizes your skin but also makes it soft supple and glowing and brings out its natural blush.
2. Apply some lemon juice on your skin, let it dry for 30 minutes then wash it off with water. It may cause some ¨burning¨, especially if you have sensitive skin, but it will go away after a few minutes. Doing this can make your skin clean and clear and also lessen the severity of acne and acne marks.
Applying lemon juice twice a week is more than enough as using it too often can cause harm to your skin because of its strong acidic properties. It´s also important to avoid being exposed to sunlight for at least 8 hours after applying the juice, or you can use a good sunblock above SPF 30 to prevent yourself from sun damage.
3. You can use it for exfoliation as well by adding some crushed sugar and honey. Rub this over your face in a circular motion for at least 5 minutes and wash your face with lukewarm water after 30 minutes. Applying this paste weekly can bring an amazing change and reduce dark spots significantly. You can get more radiant glowing and clear skin that will feel smoother and firmer with regular use.
4. Mix lemon juice with yogurt and cinnamon powder in equal quantities and apply this mask to your face. Massage it gently for 10 minutes, this can bring immediate change and makes your skin brighter and also deeply moisturizes it. Use this twice a week for full effects.
5. You can drink its juice daily on an empty stomach as it can improve your skin texture. For this, you need slightly warm water and half a piece of lemon. Squeeze it into the water and drink it in the morning half an hour before breakfast. This will bring a massive change and you will be amazed by the results. In my experience, people who have for a long time been drinking lemon juice daily tend to not have as many skin-related issues like acne, acne scars, and even wrinkles or lines.
Though minimal, yet there are side effects of lemon juice on the skin particularly if it is used without dilution and in the sunlight.
Some Of The Other Side Effects Of Using Lemon Juice On Skin
Vitamin C is the ultimate brightening solution. It increases collagen production that helps repair the damaged skin cells of the scar or mark. Vitamin C can also be applied to the whole face, not just the scar or mark because it is known to replenish and plump dry skin. You can find different serums and creams that contain vitamin C at your local drugstore or makeup department.
And of course, you can also use great products that are formuated and ph balanced like the Banish Oil that offers you the benefits of the Vitamin C found in lemons and helps to combat acne scarring and hyperpigmentation dark spots without the risks.
Banish Oil is a vitamin C serum that helps improve skin tone, radiance, and texture. It is formulated without silicones, artificial fragrances, dyes, preservatives or fillers, and it is vegan-friendly. It is made with the most potent form of vitamin C (L-ascorbic acid). It also helps with skin hydration, and recommend to use every night and/or during or after you use your Banisher. It is made fresh to order and contains ferulic acid and vitamin E.
- Vitamin C: Used by your skin to create elastin and collagen, works as a powerful antioxidant to slow down the body's aging process and protect your skin.
- Vitamin E: A rich antioxidant and moisturizer. Helps to fade the appearance of both old and new scars.
- Ferulic Acid: Found in cell walls of plants like apples, rice, and oranges. Helps to stabilize vitamin C.
Hope this article will help you in enhancing your beauty, best of luck!
May 02, 2021 13 min read 0 Comments
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …