By Kali Kushner
Tired of all those pesky acne scars and looking for a possible solution? Banish can be your trusted companion in treating skin conditions such as acne scars and hyperpigmentation at home.
Imagine this scenario: you’ve just bought the Banish Kit and although you’ve read the instructions at least 5 times, you can’t help but be a little intimidated by the bristles staring back at you. You go back and forth, gaining and losing the courage to use it, with so many questions lingering at the back of your mind and you wonder if you’re ever going to use it!
Don't worry, here we'll break down all you need to know to use the Banish Kit!
The Banisher is a microneedling tool which works the natural way to fade the appearance of acne scars. It uses tiny (0.5 mm) Titanium bristles to gently penetrate the skin. These bristles create microchannels that are unseeable to the human eye, allowing for better product absorption and faster scar healing power. With each use, the Banisher will stimulate collagenproduction, over time creating new skin tissue and filling in older scars.
The Banisher Rollerhas bristles which are made up of Titanium. Titanium is a metal that is bacteria-resistant, and won't cause an allergic reaction. It is longer lasting and bristles are evenly distributed.
The Banisher 2.0 is not an alternative to the Banisher roller but rather an additional tool. Banish is innovating the skincare tools according to the needs of their customers. There are fewer tendencies for tram track scarring to occur with this device.
First and foremost, the Banish Kit contains vegan and cruelty-free ingredients that are safe to use in treating skin conditions such as acne scars and hyperpigmentation or even fine lines, wrinkles, stretch marks, and body scars.
The Banish Kit works on older scars and is safe for those with darker skin tones. It can help with issues like uneven skin tone or texture, smoothing the appearance of fine lines, rejuvenating the skin, and boosting product effectiveness.
Using the Banish Kit is very simple, time-efficient, and effective in fading the appearance of acne scars and hyperpigmentation. The Banisher derma roller as well as the Banish Oil helps in improving or maintaining radiant and healthy skin and they can be a great addition to your skincare routine.
It may seem overwhelming but using the Banish Kit is super easy! Just follow these steps:
Before you do anything, make sure yousanitize, sanitize, sanitize. Place the Banisher in the cleaning container or cap and allow it to soak in rubbing alcohol for 5 minutes. Then let it air dry for 2 minutes. You want to use any rubbing or isopropyl alcohol concentrated at 70%.
Alternatives: If you cannot obtain rubbing alcohol, a couple of alternatives is to use a denture tablet in water, and follow the instructions of the box. You can also place the banisher head in boiling hot water for 5 minutes, be careful to let it cool fully before use.
While the Banisher is getting sanitized, make sure your face is completely clean! Remove all makeup, cleanse, and rinse. You may even want to put some isopropyl alcohol or witch hazel which is more skin-friendly on a cotton pad to wipe the surface of the skin. You’ll want a completely bare face when using the Banisher so that you aren’t spreading around any bacteria or germs.
After both the Banisher and your face are completely cleaned, you can get to work!
* To use the Banisher roller, roll the tool across your face horizontally, vertically, and diagonally 4-5 times. It may help to separate your face into four sections, forehead, right cheek, left cheek, and chin and work on one section at a time. You will feel a slight tingling sensation and your face may turn red, don’t worry! This is normal.
Apply a few drops of the Banish Oil, or Vitamin C Creme right after.
* Use the Banisher Roller once every 2 weeks either on the face or body.
* Do not use over active acne breakouts.
* Replace the Banisher after 3 to 4 uses so as to prevent bacteria from spreading further.
Sterilize the Banisher with rubbing alcohol:
* Use once every 2 weeks.
* Stamp around any active breakouts instead of over it.
* Use 2-3 drops of oil and spread it evenly on the face
* Use it daily or every other day for best results
* Avoid sun exposure after using the Banisher
Apply Banish Oil
Once you are completely finished using the Banisher, apply a few drops of the Banish Oil to the skin with clean hands. A little bit goes a long way! You will feel a slight tingly sensation, reminiscent of sunburn. Again, it’s completely normal especially since Vitamin C is slightly acidic. After a few minutes, this feeling will go away. Redness in the skin should subside after a few hours.
Don't apply makeup or cosmetics until at least 8 hours after, or the next morning.
You’ve just applied bristles all over your skin and you’ll need to re-sanitize your Banisher. Over time, dead skin cells can collect within the bristles and they become dull with repeated use.
For this reason, it is recommended to replace the Banisher Roller after 3-4 uses while the Banisher 2.0 is best replaced after 8-10 uses.
Repeat the steps of sanitizing the Banisher. Make sure to let it air dry before storing it.
It depends on each individual however, most would say that using the Banisher doesn't hurt, you will feel a sensation similar to velcro being pressed on skin but it’s definitely bearable. If you want to make matters easier, you can always numb your face first by applying ice on it.
No! It only creates micro-channels but you cannot see them with the human eye.
Yes! With each use, you’ll experience better and better results! It causes stimulation in collagenproduction - using your body's own resources to heal from the inside out.
Accutane is usually a strong medication for treating acne and also considered to be a dangerous drug. For those who are planning to take this medication for treating acne, it’s best or recommended to do thorough research and consult with your trusted dermatologist and inquire for any recommendations.
While on Accutane, we don’t recommend using the following products:
We recommend using these after 6-12 months post-Accutane. The rest of theBANISH products should not cause problems while using Accutane, you may want to avoid using the Pumpkin Enzyme Masque as additional exfoliation is likely not needed while on Accutane.
* Accutane should be taken as prescribed by the doctor. Do not take this medication in small or large amounts or for longer than it is recommended. Follow the directions as shown in the prescription label.
* This medication should be taken with a glass full of water to prevent the capsule from getting stuck or melting, which could cause irritation. Do not suck or even chew on this. Accutane may also be taken with food or milk. Take Accutane for an entire length of time as prescribed or recommended by your doctor. Recovery time from acne may be long upon taking Accutane but it should improve.
* It is best to get your blood tests and liver function done to ensure that this acne medication is not causing any harmful effects.
* Sharing this medication with another person is not recommended or advisable, even though they share the same symptoms with you. Accutane should be stored at room temperature and away from heat, moisture, and light.
Although Banish products are made from natural ingredients, it is still recommended to check with your doctor if the products are safe to use during pregnancy and breastfeeding stages.
You may see results overnight! As soon as you wake up, you will be able to tell an immediate difference in your skin; it will appear plumper and have a more even skin tone although every person is different. For me to see noticeable results where I could tell my acne scars were fading, it took about 3 months however some take even longer than that.
So, basically, these are all the things you need to know about the Banish Kit and how to use it. But remember! It’s still best to consult your trusted skin specialist and that results after using the Banisher or Banish Kit may actually vary from skin to skin so don’t fret just yet if you don’t see any noticeable results right away.