By Kali Kushner
Tired of all those pesky acne and looking for a possible solution? Banish can be your trusted companion in treating skin conditions such as acne scars, hyperpigmentation and the likes at home.
Imagine this scenario: you’ve just bought the Banish Kit and although you’ve read the instructions at least 5 times, you can’t help but be a little intimidated by the bristles staring back at you. You go back and forth, gaining and losing the courage to use it, with so many questions lingering at the back of your mind and you wonder if you’re ever going to use it!
Don't worry, here we'll break down all you need to know to use the Banish Kit!
The Banisher is a microneedling tool which works the natural way to fade the appearance of acne scars. It uses tiny (0.5 mm) Titanium bristles to gently penetrate the skin. These bristles create microchannels that are unseeable to the human eye, allowing for better product absorption and faster scar healing power. With each use, the Banisher will stimulatecollagenproduction, over time creating new skin tissue and filling in older scars.
The Banisher Rollerhas bristles which are made up of Titanium. Titanium is a metal that is bacteria-resistant, and won't cause an allergic reaction. It is longer lasting and bristles are evenly distributed.
Stamp-sized to easily maneuver around any active pimples and hard to reach areas. It can be used to help your skin absorb your serums, creams, and other skincare products way more effectively. You can use it at home too if you want to save yourself a trip to the dermatologist's office.
Both the Banish roller and the Banish stamp are equally effective, it just depends on whether you have larger or smaller areas to improve on.
The Banisher 2.0 is not an alternative to the Banisher roller and Banisher stamp but rather an additional tool. Banish is innovating the skin care tools according to the needs of their customers. There are fewer tendencies for tram track scarring to occur with this device.
Using the Banish Kit is very simple, time-efficient and effective in fading the appearance of pesky acne scars and hyperpigmentation. The Banisher derma roller as well as the Banish Oil helps in improving or maintaining a radiant and healthy skin and they can be a great addition to your skin care routine.
It may seem overwhelming but using the Banish Kit is super easy! Just follow these steps:
Before you do anything, make sure yousanitize, sanitize, sanitize. Place the Banisher in the cleaning container and allow it to soak in rubbing alcohol for 15-20 minutes. You want to use any rubbing alcohol that is above a 70% ratio to reach optimal sanitization.
Alternatives: If you cannot obtain rubbing alcohol, a couple of alternatives is to use a denture tablet in water, and follow the instructions of the box. You can also place the banisher head in boiling hot water for 5 minutes, be careful to let it cool fully before use.
While the Banisher is prepping, make sure your face is completely clean! Remove all makeup, cleanse, and rinse. You’ll want a completely bare face when using the Banisher so that you aren’t spreading around anybacteria or germs.
After both the Banisher and your face are completely cleaned, you can get to work! Remember to air dry first before rolling onto your skin.
* To use the Banisher, roll the tool across your face horizontally, vertically and diagonally 4-5 times. It may help to separate your face into four sections, forehead, right cheek, left cheek, and chin and work on one section at a time. You will feel a slight tingling sensation and your face may turn red, don’t worry! This is normal.
* Use the Banisher Roller once every 2 weeks either on face or body.
* Do not use over active acne breakouts.
* Replace the Banisher after 3 to 4 uses so as to prevent bacteria from spreading further.
- Sterilize the Banisher with rubbing alcohol:
* Use once every 2 weeks.
* Stamp around the active breakouts instead of over it.
* Use 2-3 drops of oil and spread it evenly on the face
* Use it daily or every other day for best results
* Avoid sun exposure after using the Banisher
Apply Banish Oil
Once you are completely finished using the Banisher, apply a few drops of the Banish Oil to the skin with clean hands. A little bit goes a long way! You will feel a slight tingly sensation, reminiscent of sunburn. Again, it’s completely normal and it means that the ingredients are working their magic. After a few minutes, this feeling will go away. Redness in the skin should subside after a few hours.
You’ve just rolled/stamped bristles all over your skin and you’ll need to re-sanitize. Over time, dead skin cells can collect within the bristles and they become dull with use.
For this reason, it is recommended to replace the Banisher Roller and Stamp after 3-4 uses while the Banisher 2.0 is best replaced after 8-10 uses.
Repeat the steps of sanitizing the Banisher. Make sure to let it air dry before storing.
This depends on your pain tolerance. However, most would say that using the Banisher does not hurt, you will feel a sensation but it’s definitely bearable. To make matters easier, you can always numb your face first by rolling ice on it.
No! It creates micro channels but you cannot see them with the human eye.
Yes! With each use, you’ll experience better and better results! It causes stimulation incollagenproduction - using your body's own resources to heal from the inside out.
Accutane is usually a strong medication for treating acne and also considered to be a dangerous drug. For those who are planning to take this medication for treating acne, it’s best or recommended to do a thorough research and consult with your trusted dermatologist and inquire for any recommendations.
While on Accutane, we don’t recommend using the following products:
We recommend using these after 6-12 months post Accutane. The rest of theBANISH products can be used while on Accutane though.
* Accutane should be taken as prescribed by the doctor. Do not take this medication in small or large amounts or for longer than it is recommended. Follow the directions as shown in the prescription label.
* This medication should be taken with a glass full of water to prevent the capsule from getting stuck or melting, which could cause irritation. Do not suck or even chew on this. Accutane may also be taken with food or milk. Take Accutane for an entire length of time as prescribed or recommended by your doctor. Recovery time from acne may be long upon taking Accutane but it should improve.
* It is best to get your blood tests and liver function done to ensure that this acne medication is not causing any harmful effects.
* Sharing this medication with another person is not recommended or advisable, even though they share the same symptoms with you. Accutane should be stored at room temperature and away from heat, moisture, and light.
Although Banish products are made from natural ingredients, it is still recommended to check with your doctor if the products are safe to use during pregnancy and breastfeeding stages.
You may see results overnight! As soon as you wake up, you will be able to tell an immediate difference in your skin; it will appear plumper and have a more even skin tone although every person is different. For me to see noticeable results where I could tell my acne scars were fading, it took about 3 months however some takes even longer than that.
So, basically, these are all the things you need to know about the Banish Kit and how to use it. But remember! It’s still best to consult your trusted skin specialist and that results after using the Banisher or Banish Kit may actually vary from skin to skin so don’t fret just yet if you don’t see any noticeable results right away.