Everyone knows that a key part of living a healthy lifestyle is exercise. No matter what you do, staying active can not only be good for keeping the weight off but also for your skin too! When you exercise, you are increasing circulation, which leads to a clear healthy skin.
Yoga is one of my favorite forms of exercise because it not only increases flexibility and improves balance, but it also can improve muscle tone, mental health and so much more! One of the many benefits of exercise, in general, is that it is a great detox for your skin. When you sweat, your pores clean out all the toxins and in the result, you get healthy clear skin!
Here are some of my favorite detox yoga poses that help give you that coveted glow.
• Cobra This pose has you starting out laying facedown on the floor with your arms at your sides. Then you push up halfway like you are going to do a push-up. This pose is supposed to help flush out the toxins in your system. If you can, try not to rest on the mat and really push up so that there is space between the mat and your hips. I enjoy this pose when I am feeling tension in my shoulders and back.
• Triangle In the triangle pose, you start out standing shoulder-width apart. Then lean to one side with your hand on the floor with the arm extended toward the ceiling. Make sure to not bend your knees when doing the triangle. This pose stretches out your muscles to give you a rejuvenating feel. For an even bigger stretch, try to place the hand on the mat behind your foot.
• Headstand This pose is the more complicated one out of the group. Full out or modified, it can bring blood flow to the face, which enhances radiance. The full out version requires you to place both hands on the mat and crouch down. Eventually, you will be able to raise your legs up and take your hands off the mat. Modified versions of this pose include resting your knees on your elbows or having your legs extended up but keeping your hands on the mat still. Do not slouch your shoulders so you don’t hurt your neck!
• Twisted seated The twisted seated pose also helps flush out unwanted toxins in your system. When done right, it should feel like you’re ringing out your stomach like a sponge. For this pose, start sitting crossed legged on your mat and twist your body to one side. Have the opposite side’s hand rest on the knee of the side you are turning to. The other hands can either be placed in the air or around your back to touch your other knee. I like this pose because I kinda feel like a pretzel doing it.
• Plow The plow pose is one of my favorites because it not only gets the blood flowing through your body, it also is known to reduce insomnia! This pose starts out with you laying down on your mat and then lifting your legs towards your head. I like to level myself by holding my hands together behind my back. Try to get your legs as far towards the ground as you can.
• Corpse The corpse pose is a favorite among many because it requires no flexibility or strength. However, you must be completely relaxed with not tensed up muscles for it to work. You lay down on your mat with your feet at the bottom corners and then place your hands to your sides palms up. Clear your mind as you breathe in and out. This pose reduces stress, which helps with controlling breakouts.Just like any exercise or skill, yoga takes practice in order to perfect the different poses. Doing this sequence, or any other sequence every day can help your flexibility and relax your muscles. Not to mention, it is a great way to detox in order to get glowing skin!