1. Cleanser. It is recommended to cleanse twice a day. Cleansing using a mild formula allows you skin to breath and reduce the risks of having clogged pores from the pollutants and make up that you used.
2. Toner. They cool and provide an additional layer of hydration to prepare the skin for makeup. Toning can benefit those who have acne-prone and oily skin since it is formulated to remove sebum, oil and dirt from the pores.
3. Serums. These are the thinnest product and they should go first. They should be filled of botanical extracts and antioxidants. They also feature lightweight yet powerful hydration properties as a primary benefit.
4. Moisturizers. This is the key to any layering routine. They seal serums on your skin so they can be more effective.
5. Eye Cream. This is the last step and it is recommended to apply eye cream twice a day. It is very important to keep the skin around the eyes moisturized.
6. Oils. They make the skin radiant. Apply them on dry areas after moisturizers since they can penetrate into them. You may skip this part if youíre already wearing two serums under your moisturizer - you may look shiny and greasy.
7. SPF/Protection. This is the last layer before your makeup in the morning. SPF products sit on the skin and shields skin absorption so if you add this first, you other beauty potions cannot penetrate into your skin.
8. Retinoids. This should be your nightcap. Retinoids will make you look younger. This can be applied over the serum and the moisturizer since moisturizers helps retinol to penetrate better with less irritation.