January 01, 2020 4 min read 0 Comments
Depending on your skin type, various Banish skincare products can all fit together in your skincare routine. Here’s the recommended order to layering your Banish skincare together along with other skincare steps you can incorporate.
Determine which category your banish product is: either a cleanser, face mask, serum, treatment, moisturizer, or mist.
1. Cleanse. If you don't have the All Clear Mint Cleanser from Banish, you may use another mild cleanser. This cleanser gently cools the skin and moderately foams to help remove excess dirt, oils, or remaining makeup from the skin and contains skin-calming ingredients. If you are wearing heavy makeup, it’s best to do an intial cleanse with either a makeup remover, cleansing oil or balm to break down makeup then go in with the all clear mint cleanser.
2. Mask. Masks like the Pumpkin Enzyme Masquecan be applied after cleansing. You can use the pumpkin enzyme masque for exfoliation because it contains an AHA called glycolic acid or the activated charcoal clay masque to remove excess oil. Do not use the Pumpkin Enzyme Masque right after the Banisher. The masks can be used weekly, up to 3 times a week depending on your skin sensitivity. You may want to cleanse again to thoroughly remove the mask.
3. Toner or Facial Mist After cleansing or washing your masks off, you can apply toner or facial mist like the Vitamin C Beauty Elixir. This preps your skin for products you'll apply afterwards.
4. The Banisher ( Optional Step )may be used after cleansing if it is part of your weekly skin care routine for acne scars. The Banisher should be included in your routine if you need to treat areas with acne scars, fine lines, hyperpigmentation, or stretch marks.
How Often: Once every week or every two weeks
Avoid applying any products like AHA/BHA or retinol immediately after as it can cause more sensitivity and irritation to skin and don't use over active rashes or acne.
5. Serums Next use your serums like the Banish Oil. Although it’s called an oil - the Banish oil is a vitamin c serum made with l-ascorbic acid, ferulic acid, and vitamin E to keep it stable and effective. Since it uses a humectant called vegetable glycerin as a base, it can feel slightly tacky. Apply 1-3 drops and pat on.
6. Treatments You may apply other treatments like the Fighter Gel. The fighter gel is great for acne, irritation, and eczema. You can use it as a spot treatment and leave on, or use a thin layer all over. If you have other treatments like benzoyl peroxide, retinol, or other prescription topicals, you may apply these before the fighter gel. It's recommended not to use strong treatments until a day after the Banisher. Retinol may perform better if you want about 10 minutes after a vitamin c product so they won't interfere with each other's absorption.
You may want to limit to just 1 treatment per routine since they can be irritating until your skin gets more adjusted to it.
7. Moisturizer For some people, just the Banish Oil or Fighter Gel is hydrating enough, but a Moisturizer like a Vitamin C Creme may be applied if your skin still seems dry or dehydrated. Use a pea sized amount and allow it to absorb into the skin. Remember to use products that fit your skin type.
8. Sunscreen The final step in every skincare routine during the day is sunscreen. Although its important to get a little bit of sun for proper vitamin d levels, without sunscreen to protect skin from harmful uv rays, it can really put a halt on the benefits of many skincare products and procedures.
Optional: You can spray on a facial mist like the Vitamin C Beauty Elixir to keep your skin refreshed and hydrated throughout the day. It is a facial mist that you can carry on the go, and it’s great to use whenever your skin starts to feel uncomfortable later in the day as moisture evaporates from the skin.
You should always apply sunscreen daily in the morning to protect skin from UV rays. Pick a sunscreenwith UVA/UVB full-spectrum protection. Sunscreen is always applied as the last step of your skincare routine.
Yes, benzoyl peroxide would be considered a treatment step so you can apply that after the Banish Oil, or before the fighter gel.
Yes, you can apply it 10 minutes before the Banish Oil, the vitamin c creme or fighter gel.
Toners can be the first product applied after cleansing, or after you’ve washed off a mask as the purpose of toners, face mists or essence is to get it ready to absorb products applied after it. The Vitamin C beauty elixir may be used as a toner step too, in which case you can apply it after cleansing.
September 03, 2021 3 min read 0 Comments
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …